PROPHECIES CONCERNING CHRIST’S 2ND COMING PROPER, PRECEDED BY THE CATCHING AWAY OF THE SAINTS (THE RAPTURE) HAVE BEEN, AND CONTINUED TO BE FULFILLED.
• According to the prediction of Prophet Daniel, the volume of travel (air, land and sea) has skyrocketed, and knowledge or inventions of science and technology have increased in alarming proportions. We know of space crafts to the moon and mars; of satellites in the skies; of the high technology of telecommunications, the computer, etc. (Dan. 12:4).
• The predictions of Prophet Joel with regards to massive out-pouring of God’s Spirit on multitudes, corroborated by Apostle Peter at the beginning of the Church, is mightily being witnessed now (Joel 2:28-29; Acts 2:14-18).
• There is right now with us the predicted terrible increase in iniquity (as was never known before) – murder, robberies, terrorism, ethnic hatred and cleansing, promiscuity, drug abuse, sexual immorality, ritual murders, lesbianism, gay marriage, violence, occultism, kidnapping, false prayer houses, production and sale of fake drugs, false miracle workers and healers, materialism and all kinds of evil all over the world. (see Matt. 24:12; 2Tim. 3:1-5).
• Right now also, the predictions of the Lord and of His apostles as to the incidents that would mark the time of His second coming have all been fulfilled and are continually been fulfilled – false christs, prophets and teachers have arisen in their numbers and are still arising; wars, famine, pestilences and earthquakes have been and are now the order of the day (see Matt. 24:1-2; 1Tim. 4:1-3; 2Pet. 2:1-3).
• Apart from the above, the prophecies on mass backsliding due to the force of sinful pleasures and of difficulties have also been fulfilled and is still being fulfilled (Matt. 24:12; 2Thess. 2:3). Besides, the prediction on false religious and so-called non-religious persuasions are also in fulfillment (1Tim. 4:1-3) Moreover, the process of establishing a one-world government is already in progress. This is a part of what the bible call “the mystery of iniquity” (2Thess. 2:7). Over and above all the above evidences, the Lord Himself has expressly infirmed the Church through the unique message, “the time now in heaven”, that we are now two and half minutes to midnight. The midnight signifies the peak of all the above phenomena, when men would be most distracted, destabilized, demoralized and discouraged about the things of the Lord or His coming.
(2)THE NOW- A TIME OF INCREASED AND INTENSIVE MANOVEUVERS AND ACTIVITIES OF DEVILS TO HINDER THE UNWARY. (1Tim. 4:1-3; 1Pet. 5:7-8; Matt. 24:12; Rev. 12:2):
Let us open this point with referring to the vision recorded in Revelation Chapter 12:7, this chapter records the spiritual (unseen) war in heaven (not the 3rd heaven) between Satan and his angels and Michael and his angels in the course of the great tribulation after rapture. Satan and his angels, on being defeated by Michael his angels and cast down to the earth, instigated a fierce persecution of the Jews and all and tribulation saints, knowing that shortly, when Christ returns to judge the ungodly, they will go into prison for 1,000 years (cons. Rev. 12:7-12 with Rev. 20:4-6; Matt. 8:11-12; 20:1-2. From this we see that the period in which we live is a time that must witness increased and intensive maneuvers and activities of Satan. The reason is this; very soon, after the rapture, the seven years of the great tribulation will follow, at the end of which, Satan and his angels will go into prison for the 1,000 years of Jesus reign on earth. The following are a few of their activities, some aimed against the unsaved, and others aimed against the saints: On the part of the saints, the devils have intensified their efforts to cause them failures, loses, to hinder their prayers, make them sick, prayerless and faithless, all with a view to disturbing, destabilizing, distracting, hindering, demoralizing and polluting them, rending them unrapturable (2Tim. 3:1; Matt. 24:12). With their diabolic wisdom they create the difficulties, bring about evil dreams and manipulations of their agents (2 Cor. 2:11). They also take advantage of the carelessness of the saints (2Tim. 3:6). Besides, they use the force of increasing iniquity, e.g. sexual immorality and related sins to pollute their minds (Matt. 24:12). Furthermore, as they cause the unsaved to pursue, acquire, display and enjoy the mundane things of this life an d of the flesh, the believers’ hearts are part of their target – to affect and pollute them, to the intent that they should forget their souls and not prepare for the rapture. In short, it is a time of frontal attack on the saints by the devil. On the part of the unsaved, Satan has increased his maneuvers and activities against them with a view to keeping them oblivious of the need of their souls, thereby keeping them unsaved perpetually. His strategies that have yielded him great results include: insinuating rival, but non-life-giving religious beliefs or practices to divert those that are curious and gullible from the truth (Colo.2:8); causing scandalous activities/lifestyles in the house of God to scandalize and scare the unsaved (Rom. 2:21-25); making them pursue the mundane things of this life and all sensual pleasures (Jos. 4:4; 1Jn 2:15; 2Tim. 4:10; Matt. 13:21-22).